Yeah, we know all about you: it's all about looks. Well, you're not the only one. Most of us, when we get on dating sites, check out the pictures first, text second.
Blendr: It's All About Looks
Blendr seems to know this better than anyone else, because it's the most image-heavy dating site we've seen. Blendr makes it easy to automatically and instantly upload all (or some) of your photos straight off of Facebook, computer, webcam, Photobucket, MySpace, Hyves, Instagram, or from e-mail photo attachments.
So, it turns out that you're not crass and shallow if you just want to know what the women and men of Blendr look like. We've pulled both representative samples from the Seattle, WA metro area in six categories:
- Women: 20 to 29 Years Old
- Women: 30 to 40 Years Old
- Women: 40 to 55 Years Old
- Men: 20 to 29 Years Old
- Men: 30 to 40 Years Old
- Men: 40 to 55 Years Old
Summary of Our Findings
- Blendr members are less square than users found on stuffy eHarmony, but not nearly as hip as OK Cupid people. Blendr users look a lot like people you would find on PlentyofFish.
- Blendr is clearly aimed at people in their mid 20s to late 30s. By age 50, the number of members drops off dramatically.
- Blendr members in the 45+ age range begin to pack on the pounds and take less care of themselves. It's not a pretty picture.